Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cream teas!




The English countryside - it's not something I am over familiar with, but with each visit to UK of late, I am falling more and more in love with this quintessential portrayal of an England I should know much better.
The Cotswolds is famous the world over. The Hills are lush greens and browns and if you are 'blessed' with the typical British weather, you might be fortunate enough to see the heavy grey clouds part just enough to let the rainbow rise amongst the blue skies.

blue skies pushing through..

grey clouds winning...

As you drive along the country roads, you are greeted with many small towns and villages.

We stopped at Bourton on Water and Burford.

We lunched at a wonderful Bakery, Huffinks, famed in the Cotswolds for their amazing home baked goods. I enjoyed a vegetable quiche and picked up some amazing delights to take home as well.

Then we wondered along the water at Bourton, surrounded by many trees and lush greenery.


We ate the obligatory cream tea, and hours later, I still feel suitably stuffed!

It's a lovely part of England, and I hope to write about it many more times too!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment